OK guys we are about half way through the minor league season (except for State College and GCL), who do you guys think should be promoted up a level?
My feelings are:
1. Shelby Ford - hitting 325 at Altoona, nobody is blocking him at Indy, let's move him on up.
2. Jim Negrych - hitting 365 or so at Lynchburg, why is he still there? Even if he isn't going to be a major league power hitting 3B, move him up.
3. Bobby Spain - hitting 300 or so at Hickory, we now have a bunch of 3B in our system - not counting Alvarez. Why not move him up to clear a little room, he is doing pretty well after all.
4. Yoslan Herrera - Has pitched pretty well at Altoona this year, he isn't very young, so we should hustle with this guy and move him up rapidly.
5. Jamie Romak - Hitting 295 or so, good power, lots of walks and tons of Ks, it seems like it is either a homer or a K with this guy. Of the 5 guys I have listed Romak is the one I would be most hesitant to move up, because of the Ks. I worry that he would just strike out every time against better pitchers.
Importantly, I have never seen any of our minor league guys play, and even if I had, I still don't know that much about the game. I'm sure you guys have good insights on this, so let's hear it!