Thought this would be an interesting way to get different opinions from posters on our minor league strength. Feel free to pick a position then rank the top 5 Pirate minor league players that fit in at that position.
My choice is the outfield.
- Starling Marte - tools to do it all and has been producing. If he learns some plate discipline he could become an impact player.
- Evan Chambers - does it all but hit for average and that is misleading. This cat gets on base at a .400 clip
- Mel Rojas Jr. - the small sample size and reviews have been excellent. He has excellent size and played in a wooden bat league. Should quickly adapt and rise up the system
- Robbie Grossman - very young and has all the tools. Faced with adversity he has rebounded and is starting to put up some nice looking stats.
- Exicardo Cayonez - bonus baby from the international signings.Results have been good so far.. speedy slap hitter who may mature into a legit cf with top end speed.
Overall the Bucs have some interesting OF and although it may not be or strength. It is far from a weakness and should have us talking their potential for many years to come.
OK.. it's your turn. Pick a position and give us a top 5 or feel free to critique my list and let me know who I left out.