Here's the list of picks so far. As interesting picks happen, I'll keep writing them up. Check out this thread for the rounds five through 12.
Brandon Platts, the Pirates' 13th-round pick, looks like a legit prospect. He throws 91 MPH and has drawn interest from "18-20" major league teams. He's committed to Missouri, but it sounds like he's open to turning pro. He's yet another tall high school pitcher, standing 6-foot-4. He apparently has good sinking action on his pitches that will hopefully produce plenty of ground balls.
14th-rounder Jordan Dunatov, a high-school outfielder from Arizona, is an Oregon State commit. He's 6-foot-5 and was also a pitcher in high school, but he's apparently going to be an outfielder. One scout describes him as "raw" and projectable.
16th-rounder Eric Skoglund is a 6-foot-6 high-school pitcher. Shocking, I know. He has a commitment to Central Florida.
The LA Times calls 17th-rounder Aaron Brown one of the San Fernando Valley's top prospects, which is significant. He's committed to Pepperdine. He was drafted as an outfielder, but is also a pitcher. Baseball America says he's a "premium prospect" with the ability to hit for power, and lists him as their No. 149 overall prospect. My guess is that it will take some serious dough to sign him.
20th-rounder Trea Turner, the first middle infielder picked in this draft, has a commitment to North Carolina State.
The Pirates drafted 23rd-rounder Jordan Cooper out of high school a couple years ago; he's now a draft-eligible sophomore.
24th-rounder Brian Sharp took two years away from college "training to be a firefighter," and is almost 23 despite being a junior.
1. Gerrit Cole, UCLA P
2. Josh Bell, Texas HS OF
3. Alex Dickerson, Indiana University 1B
4. Colten Brewer, Texas HS P
5. Tyler Glasnow, California HS P
6. Dan Gamache, Auburn 3B
7. Jake Burnette, Georgia HS P
8. Jason Creasy, North Carolina HS P
9. Clay Holmes, Alabama HS P
10. Taylor Lewis, University of Maine CF
11. Jo-El Bennett-Lowe, Alabama HS CF
12. Candon Myles, Texas HS CF
13. Brandon Platts, Iowa HS P
14. Jordan Dunatov, Arizona HS OF
15. Kody Watts, Washington State HS P
16. Eric Skoglund, Florida HS P
17. Aaron Brown, California HS RF
18. Josh Poytress, Fresno State P
19. Mike Nunez, Louisiana HS P
20. Trea Turner, Florida HS SS
21. Alex Fuselier, Louisiana-Lafayette CF
22. Michael Jefferson, Louisiana Tech P
23. Jordan Cooper, University of Kentucky P
24. Brian Sharp, California Baptist SS
25. Josh Martin, Samford P
26. Nicholas Flair, Louisiana HS SS
27. Ryan Hornback, San Jacinto College North, C
28. Jeffrey Zazac, Tennessee HS P
29. Kirk Singer, Long Beach SS
30. Matt Benedict, Western Carolina RHP