Some reasons to sign him:
1) We have a hole in the outfield and our lineup that a power hitting, decent fielding outfielder would fill nicely.
2) He would not be blocking anyone for awhile since there are no real OF prospects in the minors for a few years.
3) PNC favors left handed hitters so the home park favors him.
4) Clint Hurdle knows Hamilton from Clint’s Texas days so there should be some rapport.
5) It would allow trading of Jones as part of a package for another decent starting pitcher.
6) It would show a commitment by Management to winning in the next 2-3 years.
7) In a few years he could be someone we could trade for prospects.
Reasons not to sign him:
1) He would be very expensive and limit what could be spent in future years for retaining players or signing other FAs.
2) He is a gamble. His issues could make him a complete bust.
Should the Bucs Sign Josh Hamilton?
Definitely Yes! (10 votes)
Maybe (4 votes)
Absolutely Not! (15 votes)
29 total votes