Yahoo is running a promotion through SB Nation for their fantasy baseball service, so this year, we're going to have an official Bucs Dugout fantasy baseball league. While I am being compensated for writing this (I want to be up-front about that), I do legitimately use and enjoy Yahoo's fantasy baseball platform as a private individual. I've participated in baseball leagues on Yahoo for ten years, including seven years (and counting) of a 5x5 roto keeper league, and I have absolutely no complaints about their platform. If you're interested in starting or playing in a fantasy league, be it the BD league or a different one, take that recommendation for whatever it's worth.
I'll be running and participating in the BD league. In addition to the opportunity to be quantifiably smarter than me and to lord that fact over me in the comments for a year, a pretty good inducement in and of itself, I also promise to buy a beverage (adult or otherwise) at this year's Gathering for whomever is leading the league on that morning. As far as the league's format is concerned, I'm pretty implacably opposed to H2H (a wild head-to-head league killed my birth parents when I was a small child, leaving me to be raised by a pack of baseball-playing wolves), but other than that, I'm open to whatever you guys are interested in trying. I put a poll after the jump, so if you want to give it a shot, go ahead and rock the vote.
Once a consensus has emerged, I'll throw the league signup info on the bottom of this post as an addendum.
It looks like the general consensus is in favor of 5x5 roto, so that's the format we're going with. The league signup link is here. Best of luck, gents!
Hand-crafted artisanal copy points from Yahoo:
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available - all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Fridays 8–10pm EST
- Don't miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.