I think it is that time of the year where we can start speculating on who has done enough to be deserving and who has done enough to get hot and be deserving.
Lets start with the ins.
1. Jason Grilli. No brainer. He doesn't even need to be perfect through the rest of the first half, as long as he keeps his k's up and the save opportunities keep coming, I think he can have a few hiccups and still be a lock.
2. Mark Melacon. He needs to remain elite in order to make it. Setup men very rarely make it, but if he is sitting with a half a run era come all star break I think he has a good shot.
3. Starling Marte. He has done it all so far. His defense is a huge part of what him makes valuable to the team, but his offensive numbers are that good that even the casual fan would be impressed by his power and speed.
Could be in.
1. Russel Martin. Molina probably gets the nod as the starter. Behind him I don't see much better than Martin. Sure Buck has had a lot a pop so far and if he keeps that up he will make it. Rosario has also looked good but in Colorado. Lets no forget that Martin has been not just good but great behind the plate.
2. Andrew McCutchen. Down year so far, but only a couple of National's series away from being in the top tier again. He also has drummed up a lot of excitement so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him voted in.
If it he existed.
Gaby Jones. They have done a great job combined, but since it is two men, neither have a shot.