Some breaking news on Wandy Rodriguez from this afternoon's press scrum:
*Hurdle: Wandy's "session I don't think went as well as we anticipated. We're going to have a little discussion right now about what to do next." The Pirates manager did not say what might be wrong with Wandy: "I don't have that for you right now. We're working through that right now. He just didn't feel good."
UPDATE (4:23 p.m.): Pirates just sent out the following email detailing Wandy Rodriguez's condition:
Wandy Rodriguez – has experienced continued tightness in his left forearm and has been shut down from throwing. Rodriguez will be evaluated by the Pirates’ medical staff to determine the next steps.
* A.J. Burnett did throw a bullpen session yesterday. It went "well". He is scheduled to pitch a simulated game on Tuesday.
* James McDonald continues his rehabilitation. He will not wait to see Dr. James Andrews. Instead, he is scheduled to see Dr. Keith Meister in Dallas, Texas next week.
* Kyle McPherson experienced pain in his right elbow/forearm during his last bullpen session. He will be shut down and be seen by the Pirates' medical staff to determine the next steps.
* Phil Irwin experienced discomfort in right elbow and has been shut down. He will be seen by the Pirates' medical staff to determine the next steps.
* Jeff Karstens continues his rehabilitation program
* Jared Hughes threw 25 pitches Friday without incident. He is scheduled to throw a bullpen on Tuesday.