The Pirates have released their 2016 schedule. Among the highlights:
- The Bucs will kick off their season with a home series against the Cardinals. Opening Day will be Monday, April 4. Whatever happens between now and then, that Cardinals series should be an exciting one. They'll also finish their season with a three-game series against St. Louis, this one on the road.
- They'll have two games on the road followed by two at home against the Tigers from April 11-14.
- They'll play a three-game set against the Rangers in Texas May 27-29.
- They're slated to play four games on the road against the Marlins right after that. It had been previously reported that the Pirates and Marlins were discussing playing at least one Marlins home game in Puerto Rico, but the schedule doesn't note anything about that.
- The Bucs will play three-game home series against the Angels June 3-5. (The June 6-8 series is the Mets, not the Yankees, as I incorrectly previously noted.)
- They'll play two games in Seattle June 28 and 29, then three in Oakland July 1-3. They'll host the Mariners for two games July 26 and 27.
- They'll host the Astros for three games August 22-24.
The Pirates are currently taking deposits for season tickets. The full schedule is posted at the Pirates' website.