Last week SB Nation asked for your stories about why you’re fans. You didn’t disappoint. So, thanks to Chiburgh, Steve D., kruegerfalls, HebnersGhost, sammykhalifa, The Tony87, MarteAnimal, IAPiratesFan, geremaniac, steve_z, BattlingBucs and 2010 will be the year. Their posts are worth your time.
- Willie Stargell (and another Pirates World Series “hero,” Roger Peckinpaugh) make this list of the worst award winners.
- Grant Brisbee, poet laureate of SBN, says the Bucs are baseball’s saddest team.
- A dig into the Pirates’ BABIP issues
- Allow me to opine Tyler Glasnow actually needs a more prominent Ol’ Dirty Bastard tattoo. Most truly do.
- Another stab at Andrew McCutchen’s struggles
- Adam Bittner says the Pirates should not (and probably won’t) trade Gerrit Cole.
- A look back at a triple play during which Carlos Garcia got ejected as manager of the Bradenton Marauders
- Josh Bell got the Onion treatment. (That’s satire, for those of you not hip to the site.) He noticed, and enjoyed it, too.