First off: My apologies for the lack of an ICYMI piece last week, what with quite a bit of draft preparation and coverage. So, you didn’t miss a thing, at least in this space.
Anyway, people have been talking a lot about Felipe Rivero lately. One thing that is a given, perhaps to the point of being taken for granted, is that he’s really good. Travis Sawchik broke Rivero down over at Fangraphs.
Some more Pirates links:
- Clint Hurdle stood behind his recent bullpen moves.
- Some Charlie guy took inventory of the Pirates’ movable assets.
- The Pirates offense has been heating up this month.
- Trevor Williams survived the starting rotation crunch the second time around.
- Elias Diaz is comfortable in the majors.
Around the NL Central
- With a struggling (and DFA’d) Neftali Feliz, the Brewers bullpen has been overworked.
- The Brewers, like many teams, are hitting a lot of homers.
- Joe Maddon gave Kris Bryant some rest in Pittsburgh.
- The Cubs are happy with Anthony Rizzo in the leadoff spot.
- A look at the ups and downs of Jedd Gyorko’s season
- Bronson Arroyo, who debuted with the Pirates in 2000, says he may have pitched his final game.