With all that’s gone wrong for the Pirates this year, one thing that’s gone their way so far is that nobody’s pulled away in the National League Central Division. It might be the only reason you haven’t completely buried the team yet, but it’s still a real factor. Here’s a good breakdown from Will Leitch.
Some more Pirates links:
- Jordy Mercer has hit an upturn at the plate.
- A reminder that, at one time, Alen Hanson could have fetched a decent return
- Daniel Hudson is starting to find his way in Pittsburgh.
- Max Moroff hopes to bring some of his new-found power to the majors.
Around the NL Central
- Parsing what’s up with the Cubs’ issues
- More on the Cubs’ first couple months of 2017
- Kris Bryant may not be open to a contract extension.
- The Randal Grichuk coverage you and I crave
- Oh, look, the Cardinals have a replacement for a struggling starter. How convenient!
- Eric Thames has fallen off a bit.
- Brandon Phillips is upset the Reds gave away his number 4 so quickly. (If you’re that concerned, Scooter Gennett says he didn’t ask for it.)