The Nationals really messed up Thursday night, inconveniencing and frustrating a lot of fans with their rainless rain delay. But, as Dan Steinberg also writes, there’s a great deal of joy to be found in these crazy situations.
If you’ve been a Pirates fan for any length of time, you know you need not even experience a rain delay to enjoy the uniqueness of a sparsely-attended ballgame. And, if you have the time, doing so into the wee hours of the morning can be an absolute pleasure.
One thing the writer doesn’t entirely get to, but is a big part of this, is experiencing the delay itself. Obviously it’s a pain in many, many cases. But, on the right night, with nothing else to do, downtime at the ballpark can be incredibly peaceful. It’s good to sit back and take stock of what you’ve got going on every now and then. It’s good to find a pal at the ballpark and catch up. It’s good to watch that same Bugs Bunny cartoon every once in a while.
Now, on the off chance you’re stuck somewhere without much to do, here are some Pirates links:
- Add this to the list of great work on Jameson Taillon’s cancer treatment and recovery.
- Teammates are impressed with Josh Bell’s defensive improvement.
- Felipe Rivero picked up his slider just last season from Gio Gonzalez.
Around the NL Central
- The Brewers have overcome injuries with their depth.
- The Brewers say they aren’t looking for rental pieces.
- Getting to know the latest Cardinals sensation, Luke Voit
- The Cubs can’t have Friday night baseball at Wrigley, to the inconvenience of the Pirates recently, but they can have concerts.
- The Reds went down to the last second to sign No. 2 overall pick Hunter Greene.