Another Pittsburgh Pirates offseason is upon us, and with that change comes an opportunity. Bucs Dugout is looking for a new site manager.
If you’re reading this, we’re assuming that you love the Pirates and the community we’re building here at Bucs Dugout. We need a site manager who is committed to keeping this community up to date with the latest news about the Pirates. We also need someone who values that community and is willing to work to make it an inclusive and welcoming spot for all Pirates fans to read about and discuss the team they love.
Keep reading to find out if you may be the perfect person for the job.
What does the job entail?
The site manager for Bucs Dugout will be responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Managing the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruiting, training and managing a staff of contributors that cover the Pittsburgh Pirates and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Enforcing guidelines and moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
This is a part-time, remote contractor role compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Pirates.
- Already enjoy reading and commenting in the Bucs Dugout community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Have a plan for creating and maintaining a welcoming and inclusive community for Pirates fans.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
Submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’re a good fit for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, and a writing sample (preferably baseball-related) via our Vox Media Job Board. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you have any questions about this role, Bucs Dugout, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SB Nation and Bucs Dugout are dedicated to bringing you coverage of the Pirates from a diverse array of voices and writers of all backgrounds. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.