- 2B Alfredo Reyes assigned to Altoona Curve from Indianapolis Indians. He started the year Bradenton, hitting 310/424/386 in 61 games, then 250/321/313 in 16 games at Altoona before moving up to Triple-A where he was 2-for-10 with 5 K’s in 6 games.
- Altoona Curve placed C Jin-De Jhang on the temporarily inactive list. He’d been disabled twice in the last month.
- West Virginia Power sent 3B Dylan Busby on a rehab assignment to Bristol Pirates. He’d been hospitalized on May 20 when struck in the head with a pitch.
--Indianapolis(65-52) lost to Pawtucket 3-2. Brandon Waddell worked around eight hits and lasted five innings allowing two runs. Indy went to the bottom of the ninth trailing 3-1 when Pablo Reyes and Kevin Newman both singled to put runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Jason Martin sacrificed them into scoring position which set up a Jose Osuna sacrifice fly to cut the deficit to 3-2. But Jacob Stallings flew out to center and Newman was stranded on third base.
Kevin Newman: 2-4
Jason Martin: 0-4
Kevin Kramer: 2-4, double
Max Moroff: 2-4
Pablo Reyes: 2-4
--Altoona(61-52) lost to Erie 3-1. James Marvel had a strong double A debut as went 6.2 innings only allowing two runs while recording 5 Ks. Altoona scattered 12 hits but was only able to plate one run.
Ke’Bryan Hayes: 2-5
Cole Tucker: 0-4
Bryan Reynolds: 1-5
Stephen Alemais: 3-4, triple; .792 OPS post All-Star break
--Bradenton(50-60) lost to Tampa 10-8. Domingo Robles was smacked around in his first start since his promotion from West Virgina. Robles gave up 11 hits and nine runs before being pulled after 3.1 innings. Albert Baur hit his 12th home run of the season.
--West Virgina(58-54) lost in extra innings to Rome 4-3. Oddy Nunez had a strong start going six innings while allowing two runs and striking out four. The game was scoreless until the bottom of the sixth when Jefrey Ramos took a Nunez pitch over the left field wall to give Rome a 2-0 lead. But the Power scored two in the seventh to tie the game and took the lead in the eighth when Raul Hernandez singled home Oneil Cruz. Rome tied the game in the bottom of the ninth as Samuel Reyes was unable to close it out and went on to walk it off in the bottom of the 10th.
Oneil Cruz: 1-5
Cal Mitchell: 0-4, .591 OPS post All Star break
--Morgantown(19-35) defeated State College 3-2. Francis Del Orbe was on the mound for the Black Bears and went four innings while recording 4 Ks vs only one walk. Del Orbe turns 20 in October and pitched in the Dominican League last year. He has had solid results this year with a WHIP of 1.11 and a respectable K rate. The Black Bears were trailing 2-1 in the top of the seventh when Travis Swaggerty drove in Melvin Jimenez to tie the game and then came home on a wild pitch to give Morgantown a 3-2. lead.
Travis Swaggerty: 1-3, walk
--Bristol(22-26) lost to Greenville 13-9. Steven Jennings was on the mound and his rocky 2018 campaign continued as he allowed eight hits and five runs over six innings. Jennings walked two and struck out four. This game was tied 6-6 after nine innings and went to extra innings where Greenville scored two runs in the top of the eighth to take an 8-6 lead. Bristol responsded with two runs of their own in the bottom half of the 10th to send the game into the 11th inning tied 8-8. But Greenville would add five runs in the top of the 11th and go on to win 13-9.
Jonah Davis: 2-6
Mason Martin 0-5
--The GCL Pirates(19-22) were defeated by the GCL Phillies West 11-8. Noe Toribio allowed seven hits and four runs over 4.1 innings pitched. Kyle Mottice was 1-3 and has an .847 OPS on the year. Jack Herman and Ji-Wan Bae were both out of the lineup.
--The DSL Pirates1(28-31_ pummeled the DSL Indians 13-3. The Pirates collected 15 hits and Shendrick Apostel was 3-5 with 2 doubles.
Carlos Arroyo: 3-5
Daniel Rivero: 2-4, double
--The DSL Pirates2 (23-36) lost to the DSL Giant 13-6. The Pirates2 only collected 4 hits and Angel Basabe was 0-4.
- 2018-06-27 3B Jung Ho Kang, left wrist sprain (underwent possible season ending surgery)
- 2018-07-14 RHP Bo Schultz, right forearm strain
- OF Daniel Nava
- 2018-08-04 RHP Austin Coley, right shoulder strain
- 2018-08-05 RF Braelin Jackson (left quadriceps strain)
Single-A West Virginia
- 2018-04-16 RHP Dylan Prohoroff
- 2018-05-03 LHP Braeden Ogle, sore shoulder
- 2018-05-21 3B Dylan Busby, struck in head with pitch (on rehab 8-11 at Bristol)
- 2018-07-19 LF Chris Sharpe
- 2018-07-20 RHP Cody Bolton
- RHP Will Reed
- LHP Angel Martinez
- 2018-08-02 RHP Leandro Pina (60 day)
- 2018-06-18 RHP Luis Gonzalez (60 day)
- CF Emison Soto (60 day)