MLB Pipeline has released an updated Pittsburgh Pirates Top 30 Prospects list.
It’s that time of year again, time for the official prospect arm of MLB.com - MLB Pipeline - to release its updated Top 30 Pittsburgh Pirates prospects.
You can read the full list here; For now, here are some highlights:
- Unsurprisingly, the team’s top three prospects remain unchanged from Pipeline’s late 2018 rankings. Mitch Keller, Ke’Bryan Hayes and Travis Swaggerty remain entrenched in these rankings.
- Oneil Cruz is now ranked as the Pirates’ #4 prospect overall. and he carries the system’s highest power (80) and arm (70) ratings.
- Nick Burdi carries a rare 80-grade on his fastball while also carrying the best rated curveball with a 60 grade.
- Pablo Reyes clocks as the 19th-best Pirates prospect one year after not being ranked at all.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates have 13 prospects tagged with an ETA of 2019.